A Lal Dora certificate is held by an individual owning a plot in the respective area. Having this certificate empowers an individual to construct a property on the land.
Lal Dora certification is also essential to have electricity and water connection in his/her house. It is also crucial if the owner of the house seeks to avail a secured loan against property.
Lal Dora stats –
- Total villages – 360
- Rural villages – 227
- Urban villages – 135
Eligibility criteria to avail a Lal Dora certificate
Individuals must have a plot in an area that is recognized as Lal Dora by the Delhi municipality.
Additionally, they have to provide the following documents –
- Aksh shajra of the plot.
- An affidavit stating the objective of availing the certificate along with the details of the plot.
- Ration card.
Along with the above, applicants also have to fill in a form with the necessary details like name, khasra number, etc.
How to apply for a Lal Dora land property certificate?
Individuals have to register themselves online to avail of a Lal Dora Certification. They can do so by following these steps –
- Head over to the e-District website of the Delhi Government.
- Click “New User” under “Registration at e-District Delhi”.
- Provide your Aadhaar or Voter ID.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received in the provided mobile number.
A user ID and password will be forwarded to the mobile number provided after OTP validation.
Next, individuals must refer to the same website and apply for the Lal Dora certification. Follow these steps –
- Click on “Apply For Certificates Online” under the “G2C Services category.”
- Log in by providing the user ID and password.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button beside the “Issuance of Lal Dora Certificate.”
- Fill the required details and proceed.
- Enter your property details on the next page.
- Upload the required documents after proceeding.
Applicants will receive a reference number after the successful completion of the above steps. It usually takes around 14 days for the application to be processed.
About Lal Dora
The concept of Lal Dora originated in 1908 when non-agricultural lands were demarcated with a red thread. These areas were not under the purview of the Delhi Municipality. No municipality and development authority laws governed the construction of properties in Lal Dora areas.
Moreover, the Delhi Government passed a mandate in 1963, which eliminated the need to avail permission when constructing a house in Lal Dora.
Lal Dora areas continue to exist as of date. These areas cover not only rural but also urban areas of Delhi. Plot owners still don’t have to avail of any permission or abide by any laws when constructing a house.
They will only require Lal Dora certification to avail of several services or secured finances. Individuals must know all about a loan against the property before availing such advances.
Benefits of Lal Dora properties
- No property tax – Homeowners don’t have to pay property tax if their house has a carpet area of less than 200 sq. m.
- Affordable prices – Prices of properties are comparatively affordable as there are no governing rules in these regions.
- Less stringent regulations for construction – The Delhi Government has granted permission for properties of more than 1,500 sq. ft. size to be extended to multi-storeyed apartments.
Those interested in investing in Lal Dora properties can easily do so to avail of these benefits. Knowing the details of a loan against property can be beneficial for them to avail of financing and invest in properties here.
Bajaj Finserv is an NBFC that provides these loans against a few documents and easy-to-meet eligibility criteria.
They also provide pre-approved offers, which make the process of availing loans easier and helps save time. These offers come with home loans, personal loans, business loans, and an array of other financial products. Take a look at your pre-approved offer by providing only your name and phone number.
Property owners must ensure to avail of Lal Dora certification before they approach a lender. They must also register their house with the sub-divisional magistrate’s office to avail of a loan against the same.