People who are pros at Word and Excel have the habit of saving their work after every few minutes. They realize that if something unexpected like a sudden computer shutdown due to a mechanical fault or OS crash happens, hours of thought-process and jotting down will just vanish. Although most of us who use these MS Office tools know we should do the same, often, some of us forget to do so only to later realize the hard way that we should have.
If you’ve ever been in this situation and suffered data loss, this article will be of particular interest to you. You may also want to keep it handy to escape future disasters. Here we’ll be listing down exactly how to recover unsaved word document and how to recover deleted excel file in case some unexpected error happens.
Starting with the basics – when can Office files get lost?
As unlikely as it sounds, Office files can very well get lost no matter how much caution you apply. Here are some common scenarios pointing out the same:
- While working on a Word document or editing an Excel sheet, an internal Office error could force Word or Excel to suddenly quit without saving.
- Add-in and Macro crash or corruption in MS Word and MS Excel respectively.
- Sudden shutdown of the computer you’re working on due to power cut or OS crash when you’ve not yet saved your work
- Accidentally closing the document or Excel sheet without saving (this can happen when you try to close other windows in a hurry)
- Saving unwanted changes to files and then realizing you need the original data
Recommended Solution – Stellar Data Recovery
A recommended and safe way is to opt for professional data recovery software like Stellar Windows Data Recovery. This software saves you from losing data due to accidental deletion or other disasters. In addition to fully recovering lost MS Office data, this software also recovers deleted emails from MS Outlook and Outlook Express.
Here’s how you can easily recover data using this product:
- Download, Install and Run
Launch the software and select ‘Office Documents’ displayed on the software interface and click on “Next” button.
- Select Drive Location & Scan
Once you select the data type and clicked on “Next” button, You will move to next window where you will see select drive option. Chose drive from which you want to recover your lost data and click on scan button.
- Preview and Select desired location to Save Recovered files
After completing the scanning process you will see all the recoverable files under the preview penal. Once satisfied with the preview, select the files to be recovered, choose the destination location and hit ‘Recover’ button.
So the next time you face a crises due to missing Office documents, don’t despair. Use Stellar data Recovery software and cruise out of your troubles instantly.