Hello friends, welcome to today’s topic. Most people enjoy music and also they like to enjoy music while working on their laptops or computers. At home, they generally plug the external speakers to the 3.5 mm jack, outside they plug in their headsets to their laptops to avoid nuisance to others. But sometimes even after plugging in, there is no sound. This is quite annoying as you may be wanting to simply relax and enjoy some of your favourite music.
Friends, rest assured, after going through today’s article, you will be able to rectify this problem of no sound on speakers yourself with ease. So let’s discuss the solutions one by one. Also, you can check the Galaxy S6 home button not working error, if you are facing this in your galaxy device.
Fix “no speakers or headphones are plugged in” problem in Windows 10/8/7
Solution 1: Uninstall the Audio Driver
- Right-click on My Computer or This computer or whatever it is depending upon the version of Windows running on your computer and then click on Properties.
- Find Device Manager at the left side and expand it.
- In the Device Manager, go to Sound, Video and Game controllers.
- Right-click on the Audio Driver,(generally Realtek High Definition Audio Driver) and click on Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and click on Uninstall.
- After the process is finished, reboot your computer. This process solves this issue in most cases. If not then proceed to the next process.
Solution 2: Update the Audio Driver
No sound on speaker issue may indicate the need for the Audio Driver Updation. An obsolete audio driver may also give rise to this issue. To update the audio driver you first download the requisite Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for your computer from the official web site of the driver developer and place it on the desktop screen. Then repeat the first Five steps mentioned in the solution No 1 given above, because only after uninstalling the old driver, you can install new ones. After the fifth step does not restart your PC and follows the next steps given below:
- In the driver tab, click on the Update Driver button.
- Now select the ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ button.
- In the next window choose the ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’ option.
- In the next window, browse to the downloaded driver where you have saved it and click on Next.
- The driver will be installed. After that click on Finish. You can optionally reboot your computer, but it is not required.
- Enjoy your music on your computer through your high-end music system or headset.
I hope this will help a lot in solving the annoying no sound on the external Speaker /Headset due to Audio Driver issue.
Do visit here regularly for more exciting stuff. Please leave your opinion in the comment box. Have a nice day.