Being a student, you might already have a modest income in your hand. And when someone would tell you to invest some portion of it in a laptop protection plan, you would definitely back off.
You need your laptop for university projects, presentations, etc. every now and then. It stays with you as much as your university friends do.
To put it simply, as the laptop becomes old, it gets more prone to technical failure. It is not just about an old device since your new laptop is also under the umbrella of damages including cracked screens, theft, etc.
Why is it essential for students to go in for laptop insurance?
- During student life, the chances of losing your laptop or it being stolen are higher.
- Damages due to accidents like fire, spilling of liquid, etc. in student hostels, away from the safety of home are also high.
- An excellent accidental protection plan on laptop would save an astonishing amount that you may have to spend in the case of mishappenings.
- The best explanation for why a student should buy a policy for their laptop is that many insurance policies for students would cover services that will help retrieve any lost data. Doesn’t that sound interesting?
- What a sense of relaxation would it be to ensure not just the safety of your laptop but your peace of mind too!
Which insurance policy to go in for?
Once you have set your mind on buying a policy, you can’t just rush in for any policy that comes your way. There are a few things that you need to know and understand. The student plan for laptop insurance may cost a bit more because of the risks involved. Yet, you need to compare among the different policies before you decide the best laptop protection plan for you.Below mentioned are some details that you need to know :
- The first thing that you should verify is the accidental damages that are being covered by your insurance policy. They should include loss of the product, theft, damage due to water (spilling of water as well as submersion of the product in water), damage due to boost in power energy, etc.
- You should compare the cover term and the premium you need to pay for the duration, calculating the entire amount you will be paying.
- Verify your coverage options thoroughly.
- Ensure the excess, also known as a deductible that you may have to pay.The excess amount varies from company to company and depends on the cover as well as on the claim. Therefore, this should be compared before you buy the policy.
- Being a student, you also need to verify your payment options.It is advisable to pay reasonable premiums and buy the best policy to cover all losses.
Various Insurance Plans Available:
- Multi gadget policy plans:
As a student, you need to know that multi gadget policy plans are also available. Instead of chipping out a large amount of money for one single policy, you can go in for multi gadget policies that offer cover for many electronic gadgets like gaming consoles, smartphones, etc. It might save some cash that you could be spending on laptop insurance alone.
- Students Content Insurance:
Many companies offer laptop insurance plans that provide complete students’ content insurance which includes all loss of your content due to damage that may occur even when you are traveling, or are abroad. So while making comparisons, you have to keep these things in mind too.
In your student life, laptop insurance could prove to be a lifesaver in various scenarios such as if someone trespassed into your property and stole something away; some beer is spilled while you are watching Netflix with your pals, etc. Therefore, it is better to not take things for granted and go for the best laptop protection plan. Technically, you would be saving more money through the insurances if any uncertainty happens.