A Hp printer is a wonder tech-device. It has found its place in offices of almost all private and government organizations. Hp Printer in error state are used to convert softcopy form of text or graphics from the systems and convert them into hardcopy output by printing the required information on paper. Moreover, these days special 3D Hp printers are used to create different objects. 3D printers significantly contribute to the field of medicine, architecture, custom design and interior etc.
Features of HP Printers
HP printer is a popular manufacturing brand of computers and computer-based accessories all over the globe. This is because of the exceptional built-quality, performance of the products and noteworthy customer-services offered by the company. Some remarkable features of HP printer in error state are:
- The printers offered by HP printer come in a wide range of office-based, home-based or business-based Hp printers. These include desk jet, ink jet, laser jet, office jet, page wide etc. all designed to fulfil special purposes.
- HP printers are specially designed to automatically sync data to business software and can scan multiple documents very quickly.
- The HP printer error states are very versatile in a way that they can print documents while being connected in a wired or wireless way to a variety of devices including desktops, laptops, cell phones, tablets, etc.
- The latest range of HP printers are designed to perform the functions of a scanner, printer and a xerox device. Also, the Hp printers are available in wired and wireless specifications.
Different Errors in HP Printers
The biggest drawback of using electrical devices is that they often undergo technical errors which may be hardware-based or software-based. Here are a few errors that you may encounter in an HP printer –
Error While Printing
It is the most common type of printing error that is encountered while printing documents. In this type of error, a “user’s intervention” message is displayed on the screen. This issue is caused by – corrupted print jobs, printer error condition or a wireless Hp printer connection.
Ink System Failure
In this type of error, either the Hp printer in error states spills too much ink into the paper or the quality of the printed documents or images is not satisfactory. This type of error is commonly called ‘ghosting’ and is predominant in laser jet printers.
These types of errors are more often not displayed on the display device’s screen. One may encounter such type of errors when the required cables of the Hp printer in error states and connected system are either disconnected or damaged. One is also likely to face such errors when the connected Hp printer and system/device are not compatible with each other.
Hp Printer Driver Errors:
These types of errors are experienced when the installed software and Hp printer drivers of the connected system are not up-to-date. However, such errors can be easily avoided.
Step-By-Step Process to Overcome Errors in Your HP Printers
Often, when your HP printer faces an error it is displayed on the connected device’s display screen. However, in other cases, the printer error may not even be displayed in the form of an “error-message “and may end-up remaining a complete mystery to the user. Here, is a series of steps that one must take to overcome printing errors:
Error While Printing
This is the most common type of error faced during printing. To overcome such type of errors it is suggested to download and install the “HP print and scan doctor” tool. It is proprietary software of the HP printer, specially designed to diagnose and fix printing and Hp printer software related issues. Moreover, for any printing-based error, you can always try using another system or pc to print documents. This will make clear whether the issue is in the connected device or the Hp printer.
Ink System Failure
This issue is more likely to occur in HP printer photo smart all-in-one printer series (B009, B010, B010). One can resolve this issue in two ways:
Usage of Genuine HP Ink Cartridges
It is always suggested to use genuine HP printer in error states ink and toner supplies. You are more likely to face ‘ink system failure’ upon the usage of other company’s products. However, if the issue persists follow the next step.
Make Sure That the Ink Cartridges Are Installed Correctly
To make sure that the ink cartridges are installed correctly follow the following steps:
- Press the power button to turn on the HP printer.
- Open the cartridge access door. Wait till the cartridge is idle.
- Now ensure that the coloured icon on the cartridge and label are the same.
- Also, ensure that none of the cartridge is unseated and are at the same level. If you find an unseated cartridge, push the cartridges down to bring them all to the same level.
- Moreover, if the color icon on the cartridges and label are not the same, take the cartridges out and reinsert them.
- Remember to put the ‘Printhead’ latch down before shutting the cartridge access door.
To overcome such type of errors, it is essential to ensure that –
- Has your Hp printer in error states undergone any hardware changes such as replacing cartridges or paper jams in the recent past? Replacement of parts may cause errors in printing.
- Is your printer capable of making multiple copies?
If you have connected the Hp printer to a system, one can follow the steps below to overcome such type of errors –
- Turn off the power button on the printer button to turn it off.
- From the rear of the Hp printer, disconnect the power cord.
- Also, disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
- Turn off the system and wait for one minute.
- Switch on the system and wait for the drivers to load.
- Turn the Hp printer in error states on. Your printing issue might likely have been resolved.
Hp Printer Driver Errors
Often, most of the printing issues are due to out-dated Hp printer drivers installed on your connected device. The most common way to resolve this issue is to update the printer drivers or install new drivers in your device.
The range of HP printers is one of the finest in the market today. But often due to technical glitches, one may face different printer errors. The errors may be due to faulty hardware or out-dated software and drivers being used. While facing hardware errors, it is suggested to systematically check the connected cords, the connected device and the Hp printer in error states cartridges. Moreover, in case of a software error, it is suggested to install “HP printer and scan doctor” tool, which when run on the device, is capable of automatically detecting drivers and software-based printer errors in your HP printer.