Skill independent visa 189 allows a person to migrate to Australia and live their indefinitely even if the applicant is not supported by family, employer, and state government. This visa also allows an eligible family member of a person to be included in this application. Subclass visa 189 released in 2013-2014 and replace two visas one is onshore 885 and offshore 175.
Application for this visa is done by invitation only..Person needs to be eligible for given below criteria to get an invitation
- The person needs to be proficient in the English Language.
- The person needs to submit Expression of Interest before applying for this visa
- The person should be a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 45 years of age at the time of application.
- The person need to score a minimum of 60 marks in the skill assessment test
- The person needs to present a health and character certificate to meet the Visa189 criteria.
- The person should have the relevant skill as given in the skilled occupation list.
- If a person visa gets canceled during his visit to Australia then one is not eligible to apply for Visa subclass 189.
The Cost of this visa is around AUD3,750, which can be paid in two installments 20% at the time of lodgement and 80% before the visa grant.
Almost 90% of applications of this visa get processed in 6 months. The processing time of this visa is based on the priority level set by the Australian Government means the visa with the highest priority gets processed first. The priority order of the Australia government is given below:-
- The application which is sponsored by Regional skilled migration scheme
- All the applications which come under the Employer Nominated Scheme.
- Applications of all the people who are nominated by a state or territory government under a state migration plan.
- All the persons invited for skill independent visa 189.
- Other categories.
One can also include one eligible member of the family in applications:
1- One can include a spouse
2- One can include the family and family dependent child.
3- One can also include family dependent relative in a visa.
- This visa allows a person to live and work independently in Australia
- One can also complete his study with this visa
- Persons are eligible to apply for Australian citizenship
- The person is also eligible to sponsor his family for permanent residence
- The person can also enroll in Medicare for health-related schemes
- The person can also enroll for secure payments.
You can also contact immigration agent Adelaide for all your visa related issue as they know how to handle all the visa related issue and them