Many users come across some errors when using the exceptional QuickBooks accounting application. The cause of each issue is different and thus the solution is also different for each of them. One problem that displays when trying to install or update the QB desktop is QuickBooks error code 1310. Many users report this problem as soon as they report it, while others try to solve it themselves. You can also fix your problem to dial our QuickBooks Tech Support phone number.
Therefore, we will help you to eliminate this problem in the easiest way through this blog.
Major Causes of QuickBooks Error 1310
Most users encounter this problem while updating the QB desktop, but many other reasons are associated with it. There is a similar issue named QuickBooks Error 1303 that users often confuse with it. You can easily find the answer to that mess from our website.
An error 1310 may also appear, which is added to your accounting tool when upgrading a Windows application.
It further prevents the user from creating files in the installation directory. Other major causes contain:-
- There is insufficient storage space on the installation hard-drive.
- The user does not own administrator rights for renewing and installing the accounting app.
- Write-protection is enabled on the installation drive.
- The hard-drive sectors are corrupted or damaged.
- Presence of corrupted files on the local storage.
- The QB Desktop version is getting interruptions from 3rd third-party apps or software.
- Unregistered Microsoft Windows Installer.
Note: Each user must have the correct administrator credentials before using the troubleshooting steps. Before fixing error 1310 in QuickBooks, it is also necessary to ensure that sufficient space is available on your system’s hard-drive.
Guidelines for fixing QuickBooks error 1310
We will provide four different ways through which you will be able to fix the 1310 error. Follow all the steps and do not leave any of them for better recovery.
Method 1: Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Check if your system already has the QuickBooks File Doctor (diagnostic tool) downloaded. If no, download immediately.
- Close all other apps that are currently running on Windows.
- From the ‘Downloads’ tab of your browser, click QB File Doctor.
- The device will start scanning and repairing problems. You need to wait for a while during this process as it can almost consume. 15 minutes.
- Once the message of ‘scanning is complete’, try installing the QB desktop app.
- If this method does not resolve QuickBooks error code 1310, skip to the next method.
Method 2: Modify User Account Control (UAC) Settings
- Go to the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- You have to type the control panel in the search box of Windows and then hit Enter.
- From the User Account option, choose the Change User Account Control Settings option, and then click Yes.
- The UCA Settings window will open on your PC screen.
- Finally, just click OK and then start your computer again.
Method 3: Register Microsoft Windows Installer once again
- In the search box of the start menu, type msiexec / unreg and hit enter.
- Press Enter and then click on the Windows Start button once.
- Repeat step 1 and step 2.
- Once done, try upgrading or downloading your software again and see that error 1310 still exists in QuickBooks.
Method 4: Give Full Administration Access to the Windows Installer
- Type a command prompt on the Start button search box.
- Once the result issues, right-click on it and publishers run as admin.
- A completely black will appear in the color window, in which you have to type “C: \ config.Msi” / T / C / Grant Administrator.
Note: The user needs to rename the folder that is at the command prompt for the folder you have encountered the error.
- Just press Enter and exit the command prompt.
- After shutting down, make another attempt to update and install QB and verify if QuickBooks error 1310 still displays.
We hope the solutions and the causes that we provided help you get rid of the issue on a permanent basis. If you got any of the above-mentioned steps difficult to understand, simply dial our QuickBooks Support phone number. Our expert proadvisor solves your all query QuickBooks related.