For Netgear Nighthawk extender setup and to extend the range of your existing WiFi network, you must connect your range extender to your existing WiFi router. You can easily do this in the following easy to execute way.
For Netgear WiFi extender setup using Netgear installation assistant
- Turn on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Then, place your range extender close to your Netgear WiFi router or any.
- Plug your range extender into a damage-free wall socket.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes for the Power LED to become solid green.
Connect a laptop or computer to your range extender using a WiFi or wired Ethernet connection:
- WiFi connection: On your computer or laptop that is connected to the live and active internet connection, load up or open the WiFi connection manager – find and connect to the range extender WiFi network known as NETGEAR_EXT (default).
- Ethernet connection: Use a properly maintained Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on your Netgear range extender to an Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
As soon as your computer or laptop is connected to the extender successfully and properly, the Client LED will become solid white.
- Launch an appropriate or relevant web browser from your connected device (computer or laptop) and into its address bar, not into the search bar type mywifiext.net and hit enter.
A Netgear installation assistant page will display on your device’s home screen.
- Follow the on-screen prompts given on Netgear Genie setup wizard page to connect your range extender to your existing WiFi network securely and properly.
- After the Netgear Nighthawk setup process, you can move your smart WiFi range extender to a new and airy location that should be about halfway between your existing router and the area without internet (poor WiFi signals).
The location you choose to place your Netgear WiFi range extender must not exceed the range of your existing router. As a matter of fact, the Link Status LED will help you in choosing a perfect spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal/excellent.
- In case you get a poor or no connection, then it is recommended to move your Netgear Genie extender a bit closer to your existing router and try again later until unless the Link Status LED become white.
- Once you find the suitable/best location to place your range extender, connect your client devices (computer, laptop or smartphone) to the extended wireless/WiFi network.
To access the Netgear Genie login page without any issue, make sure that you have correct login details (username and password).
Moreover, to enjoy the internet range without any interruption make sure to place your Netgear WiFi range extender away from baby monitors, electronic toys, microwave, treadmill, juicer, metal appliances, mixer grinder, thick walls, security alarms, Bluetooth speaker, automatic garage opener, cordless phones, dishwasher, windows, fishtank, refrigerator, and the reflection of mirror.
For an instant solution to your query related to this post, contact us via toll-free number 1-888-572-1134 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be the happiest moment for us to help you. We are the service provider of Netgear and provide support for all Netgear devices.